YouTube continues to grow like crazy, and it looks like it will be the king of video sharing indefinitely. Here are five trends that are emerging on YouTube:
1. Cooking. More and more people are tossing their printed cookbooks out and turning to YouTube instead. The advantage of watching a video over reading a book are clear: You can see the recipe in action, and you get a better sense of the process because it is visual. There are a lot of great cooking channels managed by large companies and networks, but sometimes the best advice and instruction comes from a random individual user.
2. Auto repair. Before YouTube, there was really no convenient way to watch someone else replace a thermostat or filter. You either had to know someone or just pay a fortune to have a mechanic do it for you. Now, you can watch all sorts of informative and helpful auto-repair videos on YouTube. You can even search for problems related specifically to your make and model. Even if you are not mechanically inclined, you can save yourself a ton of money.
3. Green living. More and more people are becoming environmentally aware, and there are a lot of YouTube videos to prove it. You can learn how to install your won solar panels, discover tips on reducing your carbon footprint, or just watch stunning footage that will help you appreciate the beauty of mother earth. Companies like Melaleuca.com are tapping into the eco-friendly movement by introducing people to green consumer products.
4. Magic. You can learn a lot of cool illusions from card tricks to disappearing coins. If you have a party to attend or put on and you are in charge of last-minute entertainment, you can learn a trick or two to wow your friends. It’s easy and it only takes a few minutes.
5. Fitness. From running to yoga, there are all sorts of videos on YoutUbe dedicated to the world of physical health and exercise. Some users are even gaining a huge following by sharing their workout clothing hauls.